2015 Custom Ice-Class Expedition
Yacht price :
Unique 19-knot, ice-class, diesel-electric expedition yacht project for operation in all sea conditions and ice to support expedition adventures for the consummate sportsman (and ladies). Originally built as an ice-class search & rescue ship to the highest technical spec for government operation in Scandinavia.This price quoted is for the new search & rescue ship with only 400 hours on the main engines. The cost of the conversion into an expedition yacht will be an additional cost for new owner. Expedition yacht expert, Paul Madden, collaborated with Richard Liebowitz of LP Design (UK) to carefully configure a conversion design that would deliver the ultimate expedition megayacht.
This is a NEW vessel (400hrs on mains) built to DNV-class that can be converted in short order, fitted out to a new owner's specifications. It comes with a shipyard warranty.
MCA Yachts Adv Co-Brokerage 5 is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Globe Regal Yachting.(7694069)
- Ice-Class Expedition
- VIGO, ES
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Xplorer 71 ICE-CLASS
- Boat Type:
- Mega Yacht
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 233 ft - 71.02 meter
- 233 ft - 71.02 meter
- 36 ft 10 in - 11.22 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Holeby type 6L21/31
- Cruise Speed:
- 18 MPH
- 5179 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- Max Speed:
- 22 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 42373 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 8240 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The owner's suite plus five additional guest suites will accommodate 12 guests. All suites have large ports to appreciate the changing surroundings.
In addition to walk-in closets and his and hers options in Master Head, there is an office and sitting area with LED screen that serves the bed or seating area.
LP DESIGN UK
- Luxury Yacht Design (Power & Sail)
- Fully custom design: The ultimate expression of a client's vision.
- Refit design and drawings for conversion of commercial vessels.
- Efficient adaptation of a shipyard's existing technical platform.
Chill Club Spa
A steam room and a sauna with adjoining massage room will be welcome in frosty locations. The side opening and fold-out deck allows easy exit from sauna to icy splash. State-of-the-art gym equipment resides in the hull and can also be set up on deck, when the weather cooperates.
If client's pilot does not have a preference, we recommend the Bell 412 which is used in may of the world's top heli skiing operations.
The Bell 412EP is the daily workhorse that reliably performs in some of the most extreme climates around the world every day. Its expansive cabin provides multi-mission flexibility while its wide opening 7.7 ft. doors easily accommodate forklift loadings into a spacious 220 ft3 /6.2 m3 cabin. Along with its spacious cabin, the aircraft can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate up to 14 passengers.
Munson Boats offers a standardized product line
of high speed landing craft that offer a unique
alternative to conventional boat design. The
unofficial motto at Munson is "form follows
function", with the function being whatever the
buyer has in mind.
Munson Model 38-20 Specifications:
- Hull Length:38 ft (11.5 m)
- Beam:12 ft (3.6 m)
- Hull Type:Monohull
- Power:Cummins 425 HP x 2
- Propulsion:Hamilton Jet 292
- Fuel:200 gallons
- Speed:45 mph, light ship
A range of deep powder and X-Country demo skis and Snowboards with adjustable bindings.
Inflatable "Air-Bag" Packs or Inflatable "Balloon" Packs. In the unlikely event of an avalanche, the user can deploy an inflated balloon that will improve buoyancy in the moving snow. These packs will also contain a shovel, probe and radio.
4 x Ski-Doo Expedition Xtreme 850 E-TEC
Lightweight, strong and durable, built to accommodate 20-in. wide tracks to maximize flotation and traction, while providing the precise handling and benefits of the open cockpit design. Maximum capability on- and off-trail.
Similar geometry and steering to the RAS 3 mountain front end for capability and light steering feel on- and off-trail. Optimized for crossover usage, two ski stance positions dial in handling: 40.2 in. (102 cm) or 38.4 in. (97.5 cm).
Ice Diving and ROV
Surface Equipment contained in a single flight case.
Includes a power supply unit, hand control unit, touch screen monitor, and wireless keyboard.
Provides power and telemetry control through customisable screen layouts.
Fibre Optic or Twisted Pair options for data and video transmission.
Optional hand power cable spools and electric winches for vehicle deployment.
Standard (300m) or deep-rated (1000m) ROV fitted with five thrusters, vehicle junction box, two LED lights, high resolution colour camera and a navigation pod providing vehicle auto depth and auto heading.
Requires a single phase 110/230 VAC supply.
Superyacht owners often view the underwater world live on stateroom large screens, from images transmitted by a roaming Falcon.
As an underwater workhorse the Falcon is fitted with a gripper for recovering items from the seabed, with other tools added as needed. Tools such as rope cutters for severing 15mm rope and 12mm steel wire rope, powerful manipulators and cleaning systems for keeping critical fittings clear.
Diver safety is a key benefit. As a dive buddy, a Falcon can survey a dive site and then watch over the diver when below. It can also transport items back and forth during a dive.
Apeks Black Ice This weight-integrated BC of has oversize weight pouches to help dial in your buoyancy for this type of tec diving. HDC Expedition Tech
Dry Suit made from flexible Cordura fabrics built to withstand the rigors of ice diving. The heavy-duty kneepads are made from Kevlar -- the same material used in body armor -- and its slim "cave cut" design improves its in-water dynamics.
Mares Abyss 22 Navy Reg A reg was the first reg approved for cold-water use by the military. The first stage has a dry-sealed spring chamber to prevent freezing and protect internal compartments from contaminants.
Noise reducing decks
The entire accommodation area on deck 3 and deck 4 is covered with floating floor for optimal reduction of noise and vibrations from the engine room, A/C central, etc.
The floor construction and lining details were built to spec.
On deck 3 the floating floor is of a high-reduction combi floor.
Where deck 3 is lowered in the aft part of the accommodation, the thickness of the floating floor has been increased in order to taper the deck into the aft deck, so that the top of the floor is in level with the rest of the deck.
Props and Controls
Propeller and Shafting
The Vessel is provided with two (2) off four-bladed, fixed pitch propellers of NIALBR.
Propeller Dia. 2700mm
Propeller rpm 262 rpm
The propulsion/propeller control has been supplied by Rexroth (Bosh Group) type Marex OS II remote control system. There, 5 control stations are arranged: one on conning station forward wheelhouse console, two wing and one aft consoles of the Wheelhouse, and one on ECR.
An integrated bridge system for navigation is fitted, with all equipment designed for recessed mounting in "cockpit" style bridge consoles, including the bridge wing manoeuvring stands and overhead ceiling consoles. Following navigation devices are integrated in navigation system (NACOS):
2 of Radars, one Multipilot and one Chartradar
1 of Chartpilot (ECDIS)
1 of Conningpilot
1 of Trackpilot
1 of Gyro compass with integrated GPS Gyro
1 of Speedlog
1 of Echosounder
1 of Navigation DGPS
1 of AIS
Gyro Compass and Autopilot
- Gyro / GPS Gyro Compass (automatic correction for course and speed)
- Gyro repeaters at bridge wings and steering gear room
- Steering repeater
- Bearing repeaters on top of wheelhouse.
- Magnetic compass and fluxgate
- Magnet compass repeater with synchronic-output to autopilot
Voyage Data Recorder (VDR)
A voyage data recorder (VDR) is installed. The following information is recorded over a period of 24 hours or according to rules
Thrusters and Stabilizers
Bow and Stern Thrusters
The Vessels stern and bow thrusters are rim drive supplied by Brunvoll with the following characteristics:
- 1 x Bow Brunvoll thruster unit type RDT of 300 kW
- 1x stern Brunvoll thruster unit type RDT of160 kW
- Enhanced gearbox for optimal hydrodynamic performance.
- Robust gear maintains optimum tooth contact in various operating conditions.
- More compact propeller hub.
- Replaceable blade bearing liners.
- Options for non-pollution seals and lip seal systems that can be replaced without removal of the propeller hub.
- Underwater unit can be removed with propeller blades in place.
- Pipe connections are easy to access.
- Pitch feedback unit includes a visible display.
- Shaft coupling enables easy installation and removal of drive motor.
- Reduced weight of the gearbox, propeller hub and tunnel - structural improvements ensure that the thruster is just as rugged despite the lower weight.
- The tunnel is being optimized and strengthened to reduce vibration.
- Nodular cast iron in the motor frame improves stability, reducing vibration and noise.
The Vessel is equipped with Brown Brothers Aquarius series folding fin stabilisers model Aquarius 25/2.05m² fin
- Enhanced stabiliser performance thanks to the one-piece high-lift fin
- Low installation costs for hydraulic, mechanical and control equipment
- Ease of integration with ship's alarm and monitoring systems
- Small hull aperture
- Linear actuators for fin tilt and extension
- Integral lubrication system
- Fin-box can be shipyard supplied
- Load sensing hydraulics
- Latest generation controls
TRIPLEX model KN-50/3.0/6.0//70/30/20.
Lifting capacity winch on 10 m radius 3.000 kg
Lifting capacity on 6m radius 6.000 mm
Anchor Windlasses and Chain Stoppers
One off horizontal anchor winch maker Rapp Hydema model AW-28 serial No 6234 has been supplied and installed on suitable and approved by the Owner and Class DNV
Class and Certificates
The Vessel is classed for worldwide unrestricted sea-going service by Det Norske Veritas (DNV)
- SOLAS consolidated edition 2002 and SOLAS amendments 2000 with all protocols adopted by the MSC.
- International Load Line Convention 1966 incl. Supplements.
- International Tonnage Measurement of Ships 1969.
- International Convention for Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) 73/78 and consolidated edition 1997 and Annex VI 'Regulation for Prevention of Air Pollution from Ships and Nox Technical Code'.
- International Convention for preventing Collisions at Sea 1972, incl. 1981 Amendments.
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in particular Publication 92.
- International Telecommunication and Radio Regulations Convention.
- ILO Rules for Crew Accommodation (92, 133 and 147) and national Rules.
- IMO Resolutions A.468 (XII) Code on noise levels onboard ships.
- Damage stability requirements according to IMO Resolution A.469 (XII) for design and construction of offshore supply vessels.
- IMO MSC/Circ. 982 Guidelines on Ergonomic Criteria for Bridge Equipment and Layout.
Proper certifications have been issued for the above.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.